Tuesday, January 08, 2013

My Secret is Out

Yep, my secret is out. For those of you who know me, you know the secret already, but for those of you who don't know me that well... here's my secret. I'm a really bad cook. I try, but I just can't get it right. Most of my meals are called the Ann Mullen Surprise by my family, because they never know what they're going to get. It's always a surprise.

Anyway, last night I made another attempt at baking a cake. I followed the instructions on the box as best as I could, but this is how it turned out.


Look closely at the pic and you can see that it fell apart on me, and I had to piece it back together. It looks awful, but it tastes so good. I'll just eat it with a spoon. BTW, the icing is homemade. I had a little problem with it at first, and couldn't figure out why it wasn't getting smooth and creamy. Then I realized I forgot to add the milk.

Just another day in the life of....

Anyone want a piece of cake? I have spoons.

1 comment:

Carol Hedges said...

Well, sorry to burst your bubble, but I think that looks YUMMY!! And i bet it tasted good. We are too enslaved to perfection, thanks to the TV chefs. You just cook it like it is! And pass me a spoon - I'm digging in.