Saturday, June 08, 2013

Are You Paying Attention?


Just checking.
Now... onto the heart of this post. I've read quite a number of books on Kindle (and have a whole lot more to go), but I haven't posted reviews. Sorry for being such a slacker. I'm working on it. Here are three reviews I've written. This is my opinion and you might not agree with me, but that's okay. After getting my first bad review, I can now handle almost anything. Well... almost anything. Just don't talk bad about my donkeys.

June 7, 2013.

The Adventures of Mrs. Browning
by Marcia Carrington 5 Stars
Title: I love it!


I love Mrs. Browning and her double life. She’s a widow by week, and on Fridays, she’s a different person. This was a terrific short story with interesting, believable characters, and was well-written. Formatting was good. No spelling or grammar errors. Perfect.

Hint to Mrs. Browning: Give up your day job of being a widow and make every day a Friday. But then, if you did, there goes your double life. I can just imagine all the things you could get into.

Well done, Marcia Carrington! Give us more of Mrs. Browning. I’d gladly pay for another tale about her secret life.

The Christmas Exhibition
by V.T. Vaughn 5 Stars
Title: Not my kind of book, but if it was…


This is not normally my kind of book, but I just wanted to check it out. Graphic, hard-core sex written to please readers of true erotica. If this is what you’re looking for in a book, then this one is definitely for you. The writing is very good and leaves the reader with some mighty powerful visual images.

I might get up the nerve to read another book by V.T. Vaughn, just to see if Jill and… never mind. I’m still blushing. This was my first erotica novel and I’m still recovering from the intensity.

Thanks, Mr. Vaughn, for giving me a glimpse into your world of writing. Your talent shows through on every page.    

Miss Nancy: June 5, 1964 to September 13, 1964
by Dallas A. Dixon 5 Stars
Title: Never a dull moment.


I have to agree with everything the other reviewers said. This book moved right along, has believable characters, and keeps one’s attention. There’s never a dull moment if you enjoy soft erotica with a lot of sex scenes, while following the mystery in the story. If you’re not into that, look somewhere else. Lots of sex going on.

My only complaint about this book—the formatting for proper ebook conversion wasn’t done, the content being uploaded in MS Word. Shame on the publisher! I don’t blame the author for their sloppy work.  

Good work, Dallas A. Dixon. 
~~~~

That's it for now folks. Stay tuned. More to come. Please feel free to leave a comment or email me at aftonridge@aol.com  

Did you notice my sweatshirt had my website on it?  Been thinking about getting a decal (with my website on it) for the bumper of my Town Car. David Hasselhoff has one on the bumper of his Corvette. Really! www.davidhasselhoff.com I probably spelled his last name wrong, but who cares? If he can do it, we all can.

Happy reading and don't forget to post reviews. They mean so much to an author.

My Regards,
Ann Mullen
Land of the Happy Donkeys & Fox Chasing Chickens
Afton Ridge Publishing

http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=ntt_athr_dp_sr_1?_encoding=UTF8&field-author=Ann%20Mullen&search-alias=digital-text&sort=relevancerank

No comments: