Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Seven Chicks Just Waiting

Seven chicks to add to the roost.
Tom and I have been trying our hands at hatching eggs, and the outcome has made us very happy. 

The first set of incubated eggs only produced three chicks, but the second time around we had seven that hatched.

*In the pic, the chicks look smaller than they really are, but I'm sure that has something to do with the operator. My camera skills need to be updated, or maybe I just need new glasses... 

My very talented husband has built a second coop to house the ten chickens. The first three are already living in it, and the remaining seven will be ready to move out of their wooden box in a couple of weeks. I'm sure they'll be glad to live in a bigger home and be able to breathe the fresh mountain air.

Rooster Cogburn (who hates me) and our grown hens are Americanas. Their off-springs are beautiful. Thanks, Rooster Cogburn & ladies. I can't wait to see the babies full grown! 
#colormehappy

No comments: