Monday, March 10, 2014

Nothing Like Warm Weather

I like winter and I love snow, but after a few months, enough is enough. There's nothing like a warm weekend, especially if you have animals to take care of and work to do. And around here there's always work to do. Tom's getting ready to build an overhang on the donkey stable—a place where Donkey can hang out when the girls kick him out of the stable. Poor guy has stood out in the rain more than once.


 
Every time Tom drives the truck in the corral, the donkeys have to sniff it out... and they listen to the music on the radio. I was hoping to see them start dancing, but that didn't happen.


I'm glad Tom closed the truck door. I was expecting to see a donkey sitting behind the wheel, but that didn't happen either.


I love having chickens running around. Festus the rooster isn't so bad, but Cogburn the other rooster is a terror. *I'm still mad at him, so he doesn't get his picture on my blog yet. He chases me and would peck out my eyes if he caught me. People do eat roosters you know. That's what I keep telling him even though I wouldn't. Nobody eats a pet, do they?


Six baby Silkies in their playpen enjoying the sun. At night they will go inside and stay in a cage until they're old enough to be put in with the other chickens.



Yep, nothing like warm weather! Looking forward to flip flops, a T-shirt, and a pair of BDUs.

Hee-Haw & Cluck-Cluck!

No comments: